Welcome to my first post. I just got back from my good friend, Craig Ballantyne‘s, OnLine Super Profits Seminar in sunny (I was told it was sunny, but I didn’t see much of it) Palm Beach Florida. There, I was mingling and exchanging ideas with an elite group of fitness industry professionals. I came away with a ton of million dollar ideas, some great contacts and some new friends. It was hard for me to take off from the family for a few days. It was tough sprinting through O’Hare from one end to other almost missing my connecting flight (they were closing the door to the gate as I was pulling in), but it was well worth it.
So this morning, after getting the kids up, changing them, making them breakfast, taking the trash out, driving the kids to school and meeting my beautiful wife and our 3-month-old for breakfast at her scrapbooking store, I was able to work on my blog.
That said, here’s a list of 12 random things that I learned while sitting in a conference room in Palm Beach…
12 Random Thoughts and Things I Learned at CB’s OSP
- Dax Moy was in the Special Forces.
- Self proclaimed “anal freak” Vince DelMonte is the next Superstar to come out of the fitness industry.
- Holly Rigsby is the YummyMummy.
- Fellow Canadians Nutrition Whiz Brad Pilon and Strength Coach John Barban will soon be taking over the world…so watch out.
- Barry Lovelace, although we didn’t get a chance to connect all that much, must be the nicest guy in the world.
- I can now pronounce CIM-R-HAN-ZEL.
- Ryan Lee may be just as good a comedian as he is an entrepreneur.
- Mike Geary found a place on the East Coast where you can ski/snowboard in 5ft of powder…and it’s NOT in Canada.
- Always ask Clay Hyght what he thinks. You’ll learn a lot. (You may be there for an hour listening to him, but you’ll learn a lot.)
- Super Trainer Erik Ledin and myself DID NOT want to go out for a steak dinner on Saturday night.
- Canadian trainers aren’t afraid to eat cake or key lime pie at an industry event in front of other trainers…C’mon, I know you guys wanted some!
- Marines run 3 miles, Army guys run 2.
BONUS #13. Craig Ballantyne throws a bad-ass conference and should definitely do it again next year!
Until next time.
I’m off to the gym now.
Toronto’s Top Trainer and THE BUSIEST DAD IN THE WORLD