This is my go-to session when I don’t have any time.
It covers EVERYTHING…
- building your “X”
- movement patterns – hinge, gait, push, pull, twist/resist (the only thing that isn’t covered is “squat” but if you go forward in the crawl, that essentially is a 1-leg squat pattern)
You will need a PRIME or Super-PRIME* kettlebell.
(*A “Super-PRIME” kettlebell is one or two sizes above your PRIME kettlebell.)
The session is VERY simple…
You are going to ALTERNATE 2-handed Kettlebell Swings with SLOW Reverse Leopard Crawls.
The contrast between these 2 exercises is amazing…
Swing – bi lateral; explosive/ballistic; hinge/pull; external resistance (kettlebell)
Reverse Leopard Crawl – unilateral; controlled/grind; squat/push; internal resistance (bodyweight)
…and it’s in that contrast – they are almost the exact opposite movements – where the magic is in this BCS.
Here’s how it lays out…
20:00 – 10 Swings
19:00 – 8-10 reps per side Reverse Leopard Crawl
18:00 – 10 Swings
17:00 – 8-10 Rev Leopard Crawl
16:00 – 10 Swings
15:00 – 8-10 Rev Leopard Crawl
- Be EXPLOSIVE with every rep.
- Every Minute On The Minute works because it rewards you for being explosive – the more explosive you are, the faster your reps; the faster your reps, the more rest you get; the more rest you get, the fresher you are for the next set; the fresher you are, the more explosive you are.
Reverse Leopard Crawls
- Both one arm and the opposite leg should be off the ground at the same time.
- Keep your shoulders “locked down” in their sockets
- Keep your head up and look over each shoulder as you move back so you don’t crash into everything
- Breathe through your nose and deep into your diaphragm for the entire set