One of the assignments in a Mastermind Group that I'm a member of is to write down five rules to live by.
These 5 Rules are an unwavering, never to be broken, Ethos on how you live your life.
I shared these in the group, but I thought it would be a good idea to stay accountable here as well.
The #AlphaDad 5 Rules
- I commit the first hour after waking to myself EVERYDAY. That means I get up an hour earlier if necessary. I use this hour to Journal (and express gratitude), Meditate and go for a walk. If I control this hour, I'll control my day.
- I do not hit the “snooze” button. Hitting “snooze” means that I am not honouring my commitment of starting my day on my terms and am subconsciously enforcing habits of procrastination and non-commitment.
- I do not check email or social media before noon and not until I have completed my Most Important Task of the Day. I establish my MIT the night before and see it through until completion the following day.
- I live with integrity and always over-deliver on what I promise. This means I always follow through on what I say I'm going to do and and understand that this sometimes entails me knowing my limitations and saying “no” to things that are not aligned with my vision and mission.
- I only surround myself with positive people and NEVER speak negative of anybody.
“Strong minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Weak minds discuss people”
- What are some of the rules that you live by?What's your Ethos? Your personal Code of Conduct?I believe that by abiding by these rules, you make decision making easy.An old friend of mine used to give the example of vegetarians…
By no means, EVER, will you ever see a vegetarian in indecision about whether or not to have a burger. They are guided by the unwavering, non-negotiable rule to never eat meat.
So what are the rules that you live by?