OK, no BS today.
It’s the first Monday of 2015 and if you want to make 2015 your best year ever, then it’s imperative that you start the year off creating good habits.
The first thing you need to do is create your code of conduct…
…the rules you’ll live by
…your own personal Ethos.
In his book, The Warrior Ethos, Steven Pressfield writes…
“We are all warriors. Each of us struggles every day to define and defend our sense of purpose and integrity, to justify our existence on the planet and to understand, if only within our own hearts, who we are and what we believe in.”
-Steven Pressfield, The Warrior Ethos
So what do you believe in?
What changes in your life are you going to make in 2015?
Don’t know where to start?
Here’s what I want you to do…
Create Your Code.
List 3 rules that you will live by for the next 30 days.
These rules are NOT meant to be broken.
It could be…
- I will wake up at __am every day.
- I will meditate or pray for __ minutes first thing each morning.
- I will drink __ cups of water or __ cups of tea each day.
- I will exercise __ minutes per day.
- I will call __ people every day.
- I will eat this __ food every day.
- I will do __ every day before bed.
Just write out your 3 simple rules.
And use your commitment to these 3 rules to grow stronger in all areas of life, discipline, commitment and love.
Here are my 3 Rules for the next 30 days…
I will wake up at 4:45am everyday and go through my H.O.P.* Routine of…
- ZERO technology (modem shut off, no phone, no computer, no iPad)
- drinking 500mLs of water with Himalayan Sea Salt, juice of 1/2 a lemon, 1/4tsp bicarbonate & 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- write in my Gratitude Journal for 30 minutes
- focus on an Abundance Mindset through reading for 30 minutes everyday
I will contact 5 friends and introduce myself to one new person everyday.
I will eat 1 cup of broccoli everyday.
(*”H.O.P. stands for Hour of Power. It’s a concept that I got from Tony Robbins about how you spend the first hour of the day will dictate your mindset for the entire day. So if you conquer and control that first hour, then you’re living your day on your terms. Part of that “control” means that you are not a slave to the needs of others – i.e. don’t check your email or social media first thing after you wake up.)
Those are my rules for the next 30 days – which will carry over into my trip to Costa Rica – and I will stick to them and be accountable to YOU for them.
That’s a huge point to sticking to your goals… BEING ACCOUNTABLE to someone or a group of people.
It’s why things like Mastermind Groups and Coaching Groups work so well. Because now, you’re not just accountable to yourself, but to others.
So do me a favour and make ME your accountability partner.
Share your 3 Rules with me in the COMMENTS SECTION BELOW and let’s do this together!
Have an awesome Monday!!!